What you need:
- 8 thin veal cutlets
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 8 thin slices of fresh mozzarella
- Dry Marsala
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon-ish of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
Steps to deliciousness:
- On each piece of veal: spread a thin layer of pesto. Top the pesto with a slice of proscuitto, a piece of mozzarella, and chives that have been cut to be a bit longer than the veal cutlets.
- Starting at the top, roll the cutlet and everything on it into one tight package (see the picture below)
- Stick a toothpick through the spot at which the ends of the veal cutlet meet to seal it.
- Roll each rollatini in the flour to give it a light dusting.
- In a pan, over medium high heat, sear the veal rollatinis, rotating them so that every side is browned. Be careful not to over cook them. They only need about two minutes on each of the four sides (just pretend a tube has sides).
- Take the pieces veal out of the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with a healthy amount of Marsala.
- Add the tomato paste and one squeeze of a lemon.
- Let the Marsala sauce reduce for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pieces of veal and serve it!