The Easy Epic Egg Sandwich
- Two eggs*
- Ranch Dressing
- Good bread (anything with a crunchy crust- the bread in the photo is my favorite: Ciabatta)
- Dried chives or basil or oregano or all three
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat
- Add the eggs once the butter starts to bubble – make sure not to break the yolk – yolk spillage is essential to the eating experience
- Once the egg white is mostly solid, add ham to the pan and sprinkle the dried herbs on top of the eggs (now would also be the time to grate some cheese on the eggs**)
- Meanwhile, toast (totally optional but usually preferable) some bread and then spread a thin layer of Ranch on the bread
- Once the edges of the egg start to brown (but before the yolk cooks through), put the ham on the bread, and then slide on the two eggs.
This recipe is very versatile because it’s an egg sandwich. That’s such a simple concept that you can’t go wrong. You can be creative with everything from the type of ham to the toppings (pesto and baby spinach are great additions) to the bread. I used the Tomato, Rosemary, Parmesan Focacia Bread and Ariel ate 6 eggs on top of half of the sheet pan of bread.
*Or, if you are cooking for Ariel or you are Ariel, three or four eggs.
** I recommend Gruyere or Old Amsterdam or Cheddar. Any sharp or nutty cheese will taste great.