Don’t be intimidated by the use of the stove! This recipe isn’t complicated at all.
Serves: Makes about 1 gallon
What you need:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of water + 11 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Two stems of basil with the leaves still attached
- 20 medium strawberries, stems removed
- The juice of 6 lemons
Steps to deliciousness:
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir the sugar, 2 cups of water, and lemon zest, until the sugar dissolves. Add the stems of basil and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. It doesn’t need to get really thick.
- Blend the strawberries and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Remove the basil stems.
- In a large pitcher, mix together the pureed strawberries, sugar-water mixture, and 11 cups of water.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or until cold.