Click here for the recipe I adapted. I added about 1/2 cup of chives directly into the gnocchi mix and didn’t make the butter-rosemary sauce. Also, after I boiled the gnocchi, I browned them in a pan with some olive oil over medium-high heat, before adding them to the sauce.
Pancetta, Basil, Spinach, White Wine and Cream Sauce
- 1/2 pound of pancetta, cubed
- 1 cup of basil
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- half a bottle of dry white wine
- 1 diced onion
- 4 diced cloves of garlic
- Saute the pancetta in a large, deep skillet for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat with just enough olive oil to coat the pan
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until onions soften and brown
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine
- Let cook for about three minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add cream
- Let cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add spinach and basil and mix into the sauce
- Let cook for another three minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the gnocchi (or pasta) and let it cook for another three minutes, stirring to coat the gnocchi with the sauce
- Serve immediately
This is a fast, delicious, simple sauce. You can omit the cream if you’re looking for something lighter.
Quick Disclaimer: The few measurements I include are not exact. I cook without measuring because I find it more fun and flexible. Please use my recipes only as a starting point and change up as much as you can or want to (then post a picture to the Facebook wall!).