- 6 cups of bitter greens (try to use a nice variety, especially endives and arugula)
- 3 thinly sliced pears
- 1 cup of walnuts
- ¾ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- With the oven at 350, spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet and toast them for about 5 minutes. Watch closely, they burn quickly.
- Combine everything and then add the dressing below.
- 1 cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of ground mustard
- 1 shallot
- Pinch of salt
- Blend together olive oil, ground mustard, shallot, salt.
- Add the vinegar slowly while running the blender.
Important note: this makes a lot of dressing so don’t just dump it all on there!