- 4 peaches, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the peaches.
- Add the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, until the peaches soften and start to brown.
- Serve hot.
Browned-Butter, Pecan Ice Cream
Click here for the recipe I used. I omitted the bourbon because we didn’t have any and doubled the pecans because I love them but those were the only changes. According to my mom, it’s the best ice cream I’ve made since getting the machine as a graduation present.
However, this isn’t an easy recipe. None of the egg-based ice creams are because you have to be very careful not to cook the yolk. I ended up with a quarter the volume I thought I was going to get because I messed it up and had to strain a lot of the egg out. If you’re an ice cream beginner, I recommend starting with something easier.