Strawberry JamPosted: November 25, 2012
After eating four different Thanksgiving dinners (not all on the same day, I’m not that talented), I need to detox with some simple, fresh meals that aren’t packed silly with meat. This strawberry jam recipe is perfect for that. When I made it, I went a little lemon crazy and it was quite sour so I suggest you stick to 1/4 cup.
- 2 pounds of strawberries
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Cut the strawberries in half.
- Mix everything together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat up and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Keep stirring while it boils for 3-5 minutes.
- The strawberries should get soft enough that you can mash them while stirring.
- Let it cool and then spread it on a some toast and enjoy.
(This recipe is the Strawberry Jam recipe from All Recipes but I halved the sugar).