Figgin Excellent JamPosted: November 18, 2012
If you’re looking for a foolproof way to impress your family over Thanksgiving break, this jam is it. Just throw everything in a saucepan and let it cook over low heat for 2 hours while you frolic in fall’s fallen foliage. Then, on the morning of the big day, whip it out alongside some warm, crunchy toast and scream: “BAM I MADE JAM!”
They’ll immediately forget all about your disappointing midterm grades and the fact that you came home at God knows what hour the night before.
Figgin Excellent Jam
This recipe is basically the Fig Sesame Jam from Epiciurious but with a lot less sugar and no zest.
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 24 fresh figs, cut off the ends and cut them into fourths
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- Dissolve the sugar into the water over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the figs, lemon juice and sugar and let it sit over low heat, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- Stir in the sesame seeds.
- Throw it all in a tupperware. It’ll stay good in the fridge for a few days. (unless you’re a jam expert and know how to jar jam. If that’s the case: you do your thang.)